Every pupil, and their parents, should have access to good-quality information about future study options and labour market opportunities. They will need the support of an informed adviser to make best use of available information
Here you will find links to help students to use labour market information to support their career choices
National Labour Market Information
- iCould has easy to use labour market information and advice on how to use LMI to make careers decisions.
- World Skills UK provdes a more detailed guide to how to use labour market information
- With older students you might want them to go into more depth, by consulting the Office for National Statistics data or statistics on Further and Higher Education.
- The Association of Colleges has advice on how to use labour market information with FE students.
- Nesta has a toolkit about the skills and occupations that are likely to be in demand in 2030.Download the toolkit here A lesson plan: 'The future of work' can be found here
- By signing up for 'Careerpilot Hot Jobs Graphics' you will receive a termly pack which includes:
- 10 job graphics for use as posters, on social media and TV display; and pre-written text and social media posts, complete with hyperlinks to further information.
- These have been designed to help schools and colleges inform parents about careers and job growth areas, and to meet the Gatsby 2 benchmark 'learning from career and labour market information'.
- What's happening in the local labour market market? Find out which sectors and job roles are growing in East Sussex here. More information about trends in the county can be found here