Find out general information about recruiting an apprentice and the funding support available to employers here
Why Recruit an Apprentice?
- Make a difference to a young person and help them on their career journey
- Bring in new ideas and enthusiasm into your workforce
- Shape and develop your future talent pipelines
- Support your existing staff development with training opportunities
- Meet social value and corporate social responsibility commitments
- Access funding support to assist recruitment and training
The TRANSFORM Programme
Part-funded by the European Social Fund, led by East Sussex County Council and delivered by Sussex Council of Training Providers (SCTP), will raise the profile of apprenticeships and skills training in East Sussex amongst SMEs and other businesses. The programme is supporting SMEs to access government incentives and unspent Levy funds, to pay for apprenticeship training.
Through the programme SCTP will:
- deliver training to business support organisations to raise awareness of government funded skills provision available to SMEs,
- work closely with the East Sussex Growth Hub,
- project manage the annual East Sussex apprenticeship roadshow events, which bring together employers, training providers and would-be apprentices,
- work with levy paying businesses, to encourage and support them to transfer unspent levy into the county,
- provide a minimum of 150 SMEs with impartial advice on apprenticeships and skills, signposting to appropriate training provision,
- support SMEs to access unspent Levy funds from Levy payers, such as East Sussex County Council.
This is an exciting project that will make a significant difference to the apprenticeship landscape and skills support for SMEs in East Sussex. This project is being delivered in East Sussex through a South East Local Enterprise Partnership opportunity.
If you are an employer and interested in learning more about apprenticeships and skills development opportunities for your workforce, get in touch now, the Transform team would be happy to help.
TRANSFORM has been part funded by the European Social Fund 2014-20. It is a partnership between East Sussex County Council and Sussex Council of Training Providers.