The education and careers landscape is ever changing. As a parent/career, how can you best support your child as they make their choices? The following websites are good places to start:
- Target careers has excellent resources for parents
- Careermag: advice and guidance for parents to download, or sign up for a regular newsletter.
- Aspire Guide : Information, advice and guidance for parents and carers of sixth formers.
- Careers advice for parents and carers of young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, can be found at #creatingbetterfutures.
- The Cascaid ‘Parents Guide to Careers Guidance’ provides some useful tips on how to you support your child with their choices.
- As you probably know, GCSEs in England are now graded from 9 to 1. Ofsted have resources to help parents, students, teachers and businesses to understand the changes.
- EY Parentaship is an immersive workshop for parents and children together to discover careers of the future. Find out more here.
- A toolkit for parents and carers of girls aged 12 to 16 from the Personal Social Health and Economic (PSHE) Education Association.