Work Experience Service Offer
- Access to an online database of employers across Sussex.
- Work place health and safety assessments undertaken on behalf of the school.
- Ongoing support for work experience coordinators, including training and access to guidance and paperwork online.
- Support to meet statutory responsibilities to keep young people safe on work experience, including management, investigation and collation of data for all reported accidents and incidents that occur during a work placement.
The service is structured around three levels of support:
S105-1 Work Experience: Health and Safety Assessment and Support
- Access to an online database of employers across Sussex
- Work placement health and safety assessments undertaken on behalf of the school
- Ongoing support for work experience coordinators, including database training, three meetings per year and access to guidance and paperwork online
- Management, investigation and collation of data for all reported accidents and incidents that occur during a work placement.
S105-2 Work Experience: Matched Placement Service
Includes everything in the S105-1 service above, plus:
- Students choose placements through the online database of employers or find their own placement
- The Work Experience team calls employers and matches students to placements on behalf of the school/college
- The team confirms the placement with the school/college and employer.
S105-3 Work Experience: Bespoke Matched Placement Service for vulnerable learners (available in Terms 1 and 2 only)
The bespoke placement matching service is for vulnerable learners and ensures that they are placed in safe and appropriate work placements. Support is provided for both the learner and the employer. The service includes all of the above, plus:
- The Work Experience team will meet with the learner and key worker to discuss vocational interests and what to expect from work experience
- The student will be matched to an appropriate employer. The team will work with the employer to ensure that they are properly prepared to support the student on placement and undertake a pre-placement visit.
- The team confirms the placement with the key worker to follow up.
- The team will provide the learner with a work experience diary.
"Every individual is very helpful and the Team is a 'well oiled engine' that support each other well" - Causeway School (East Sussex Maintained)
"The team are brilliant - they are always there at the end of the phone or an email to provide support" - King's Academy Ringmer (East Sussex Academy)
"The team are all very helpful and responded quickly to any queries. They work very hard to ensure that everything runs smoothly." - St Catherine's College (East Sussex Academy)