Full time study

Full Time study are those courses that you study at a school or college.

The types of full time courses you can study can include:

  • A levels
  • T levels
  • Vocational courses such as BTECs, HNDs and NVQ's
  • International Baccalaureate

Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) are a further education qualification for 14-19-year-olds in England. They aim to provide more options for practical learning, less classroom-based than A-levels, and to encourage more young people to continue studying. They are ideal for those who are aiming to work in a specific and specialist industry, such as Travel and Tourism or Finance.

National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are work-based awards in England, Wales and Northern Ireland that are achieved through assessment and training. In Scotland they are known as Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs).

International Baccalaureate (IB) is a programme of education for 16-19-year-old students, this is an internationally recognised course, taken by students all around the world. Until recently in the UK it was only taught in a minority of independent schools, but is now on offer at some state schools. It is available at about 125 schools in total across the UK, with 118 of these offering the IB as a post-16 option.

The IB leads to a qualification called the IB Diploma, which is well respected by universities and is also an advantage for young people hoping to study overseas. The IB Diploma is recognised by 126 universities in the UK, including Russell Group universities.