Currently viewingCancel
Hey, it looks like you're new! Why not discover the benefits of Careers > East Sussex.

A Level Art

Arts, Media and Publishing

Arts, Media and Publishing
Arts, Media and Publishing
We are only accepting one application per candidate.

What will you be working towards?

Code 1
Qualification Type GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
Qualification Level Level 3
Course type Full Time

Overview

You will acquire specialist technical and analytical skills through your own creativity and imagination. As well as gaining valuable UCAS points, you will need A level Art if you are thinking of a applying for specialist visual/creative arts or Art Foundation course.

Other information:

All of the work you complete in lessons and for homework tasks, forms part of your coursework: this accounts for 60% of your final grade. The examination accounts for the remaining 40%. All work is formally assessed at the end of each unit and again at the end of the course, so there are opportunities to improve your grade.

Examination Board: Edexcel

Details

 Year 12: Unit 1

‘Autobiography’ (Terms 1-3) where you will be required to produce three main outcomes; painting/ceramic sculpture and mixed-media.             

Unit 2 - (Terms 4-5) Externally Set Assignment (Exam), externally set theme.

Year 13: Unit 3

Personal Study’ (Terms 1-3) where you produce three main outcomes; 1000 word essay, workbook/s of supporting study and a personal outcome.

Unit 4: Externally Set Assignment (Exam) (Terms 4-5)


How will it be delivered?

All of the work you complete in lessons and for homework tasks, forms part of your coursework: this accounts for 60% of your final grade.  The examination accounts for the remaining 40%. This is set over two days (eight hours) for which you will have twelve weeks to plan and prepare.  All work is formally assessed at the end of each unit and again at the end of the course, so there is always an opportunity to improve your grade.

Entry requirements

GCSE Art, grade 5 or higher. BTEC Art level 2- Distinction

You will need to have a healthy enthusiasm for the subject and be prepared to work hard, particularly with independent study.

Navigation

Home Courses Help & Guidance Upcoming Events
Sign In
Favourites Get in touch