This qualification covers all the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the world of work within the barbering industry.
• You will study the following mandatory content:
• Principles of hairdressing and barbering services
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
• Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
• Dry and finish men’s hair
• Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
You will work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. The different ways in which centres could support your learning, by working with both local and national barbering businesses, include; structured work-experience or work-placements within their business and your attendance at classes or lectures given by industry experts.
• Service Portfolio: You must produce a formative service portfolio that includes evidence of practical service carried out with proficiency.
• Graded Practical Assessment and external exams.
You will be also required to undertake a graded synoptic assessment during which you will carry out a range of devices from across the units.
A genuine interest in the hair industry. A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades 2/3 and above. You don’t need any previous knowledge or experience to start this qualification.