This course covers all the core skills you need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the world of work within the Barbering industry. You will study the following mandatory content:
• Principles of hairdressing and barbering services
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
• Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
• Dry and finish men’s hair
• Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
You will work with local employers who contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. The different ways in which centres could support your learning, by working with both local and national barbering businesses, include; structured work-experience or work-placements within their business and your attendance at classes or lectures given by industry experts.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades 2/3 and above and a genuine interest in the Hair and Barbering industry.
Upon successful completion, you will be qualified to work in several employment destinations such as: barber shops, hairdressing salons, hotels or cruise ships.