This qualification covers all the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the world of work within the hairdressing industry. You will study the following mandatory content:
• Health, safety and hygiene
• Consultation techniques and client care
• Manicure treatments
• Pedicure treatments
• Waxing services
• Facial treatments
• Skin type analysis
• Eyebrow shaping services
• Eyelash and eyebrow tinting services
• Make-up applications
• Anatomy and physiology for beauty therapists
• Service Portfolio: You must produce a formative service portfolio that includes evidence of practical service carried out with proficiency.
• Graded Practical Assessment and external examinations. This will test your knowledge and understanding from across the whole vocational area.
• Graded Synoptic Assessment.
A genuine interest in the beauty industry. A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades 2/3 and above.