The extended diploma course gives students an in-depth and varied approach to different aspects of creative media. It enables students to not only develop their analytical and theoretical skills but also follow practical routes through the study of media. Through the two-year course students will cultivate their understanding of different media sectors as well as developing their practical skills in film making through a plethora of different resources including; camera work, editing and digital imaging software, studio and sound recording.
• Unit 1: Analysing Media Products & audiences
• Unit 10: Media Adaptations
• Unit 13: Pitching and Planning Print Based Media
• Unit 14: Producing Print Based Media
• Unit 16: Planning and Pitching an Audio-visual Media Product
• Unit 17: Producing an Audio-visual Media Product
• Unit 33: Graphic Narrative Production
• Unit 35: Social Media Products
• Unit 40: UK Film Studies
• Unit 41: Production & Post Production for Film
• Unit 45: Special Effects for TV & Film
• Unit 46: Audio-Visual Promos
At least 4-5 GCSEs grades 9-4 or A-C including English or Maths at grade C/4 or above (as well as evidence of a creative and analytical interest in the creative media sectors).