The aim of this qualification is to prepare the learners to work with children between birth and 5 years.
The content will give you skills and knowledge needed for the early years industry.
You will study a range of units and complete work placements to show your competency for working in Early Years.
• Example units are:
• Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
• Understand how to support development
• Promote play in Early Years settings
• Partnership working in Early Years settings
• Promote positive behaviour in Early Years settings
You will be assessed in a variety of ways. This will include direct observation in the work place, written assignments and a portfolio of evidence. You will also complete 250 hours of work placement where you will be assessed when leading planned activities.
A range of 3/2 or D-E grades at GCSE.