This qualification covers all the core skills you will need to progress to further learning and training.
You will study the following mandatory content:
• Advise and consult with clients
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Set and dress hair
• Cut ladies hair
• Colour and lighten hair
• Blow-dry and style hair
• Style hair with electrical equipment
You will work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. The different ways in which centres could support your learning, by working with both local and national hairdressing businesses, include:
• Structured work-experience or work placements within their business
• Your attendance at classes or lectures given by industry experts
• Employers input into projects and exercises
• Employers who act as ‘expert witnesses’ to contribute to the assessment of your work
Service Portfolio: You must produce a formative service portfolio that includes evidence of practical service carried out with proficiency.
Graded Practical Assessment: You must carry out a complete service on a client. The service will be graded at either Fail, Pass, Merit, or Distinction by centre assessors.
External Examinations: This will test your knowledge and understanding from across the whole vocational area.
Graded Synoptic Assessment: You will be required to undertake a graded synoptic assessment during which you will carry out a range of services from across the units.
A genuine interest in the hair industry. A range of D-E /3-2 grades. You don’t need any previous knowledge or experience to start this qualification.