This course is equivalent to A Levels and is designed for those who wish to work in supervisory roles in the equine industry or progress to Higher Education. Each course offers opportunities to develop practical and supervisory skills in addition to the scientific theory of equine management.
Level 3 courses offered:
- Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Horse Management (60 credits)
- Level 3 Diploma (90 credits) 1-year course
- Level 3 Extended Diploma (180 credits) 2-year course
Routine duties on a rota basis, including weekends, are an essential part of the programme. This will involve working on the equine unit doing early morning practical duties before the normal timetabled day begins. It is a requirement to spend time working in the industry, as part of the course. You will have the opportunity if you wish to be involved in the College Horse Show Team.
Students will normally have one or more of the following:
- Distinction grade BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care
- 4 GCSE passes at C or above (to include Maths, English, and Science)
- An Intermediate Level GNVQ.
- Period of practical experience within the industry