If you love Sport, whether it be performing,
coaching or the business behind Sport, and know that you want to work in the sports industry, this course is the ideal foundation for you.
Depending on which course you wish to follow, there are 6, 12 or 18 units to study.
The compulsory units for the extended Diploma are:
- 1 Anatomy and Physiology
- 2 Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- 3 Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- 4 Sports Leadership
- 6 Sports Psychology
- 7 Practical Sports Performance
- 8 Coaching for Performance
- 9 Research Methods in Sport 10 Sports Event Organisation
- 19 Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
- 22 Investigating Business in Sport and the Active Leisure Industry
- 23 Skill Acquisition in Sport
Most of the course is assessed through the completion of assignments. These are designed to be vocational and are scenarios based in sporting environments. Unit 1 is assessed through an external examination lasting 90 minutes. This can be taken more than once during the course. Units 2, 19 and 22 are case studies which are given to you 7-14 days prior to an externally assessed written task.
4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above
- Evidence based
- Analysis of
- Coaching skills
- Scenario based exams
- Presentation skills
- Public and Uniform
- Sports Coaching
- Leisure Management
How does this course link to other subjects?
If you choose the Extended Diploma, then you will be timetabled for all Sport lessons as this is the equivalent of three A Levels.
If you choose the Extended Certificate or Diploma, you would link it to A Levels in Physical Education, Business Studies, Biology, Psychology, Physics or History.