This is a stimulating and intensive course which focuses on the development of mathematical skills through various different aspects of mathematics. The course is specifically designed to meet the needs of the post-16 student aiming for a grade 4 or better. It is primarily teacher-led with three taught lessons per week plus at least one hour of independent study to consolidate your learning.
The focus of the course is on key topics that will help students achieve a grade 4 or better. It builds upon the body of knowledge that students start off with but does not attempt to cover the whole specification. There is a clear systematic approach for each lesson.
• The emphasis is on the following;
• Recall the routine facts.
• Revise the most frequently occurring exam topics.
• Repeat the revised content to become competent.
• Ready for exam – using past paper questions.
The Government requires students who have not achieved a grade 4 (or higher) to re-sit GCSE or Functional Skills Maths.