If you're looking to gain a basic understanding of agricultural mechanics once you've left school, this is the course for you. You'll discover all the technical skills you'll need to know for today's agricultural machinery maintenance and repair industry.
During your course, you'll get to try out lots of different machinery and workshop equipment plus you'll attend a work experience placement for one day per week. This course will be particularly ideal if you're looking to work on a mechanised farm or servicing agricultural machinery.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You'll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Applying mechanical principles
- Carrying out service and maintenance
- Health and Safety in a land-based engineering work area
- Introduction to land-based machinery operations
- Servicing and repair of engines and components