Software (Digital) Development Level 3

Information and Communication Technology

Information and Communication Technology
Information and Communication Technology
We are only accepting one application per candidate.

What will you be working towards?

Code SDD-TLV
Qualification Type Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
Qualification Level Level 3
Course type Full Time

Overview

Equivalent to 3 A Levels


The digital T Level is a combination of academic and theory-based study. Alongside your college-based studies, you will be placed in a local business relevant to your course and your skillset.  

 

80% of the course is in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is an intensive and highly structured, 45-day work placement in a meaningful industry placement, where you will put these skills into action.  


Why should you take this course? 

Successful completion of this course will reward the learner with evidence of industry specific skills and therefore enable them to stand out on entry to the workplace. In addition, the qualifications carry UCAS points, equivalent to the corresponding A Level programmes, meaning that successful students will be equipped with both the skills and the qualifications to gain a place on a related degree at universities nationwide.  



Details

This course allows for an up-to-date and current curriculum of study through the development of a vocationally desirable skillset. Core units include topics such software engineering, computing and software development.

How will it be delivered?

The assessment will be, in part, a result of a formal examination, as well as through assessed projects and finally, a formal assessment based on the 45-day work placement.

Entry requirements

Five GCSEs at grade 5 or above, including Maths  

and English at grade 4. 


Your next steps...

This qualification would be an excellent way to prepare for either an apprenticeship, a professional role in ICT and Computing, a degree program, or the increasingly common degree level apprenticeships. You will also be well equipped to continue education at degree level in technical and creative IT courses such as computer hardware, cyber-security, game development or web technology.