The Media Production Course will help you to develop an understanding of the core skills of photography, moving image creation, website design and online promotion.
You will also develop a completed media product such as music video, website, film or photo portfolio, which you will then develop into a viable business proposal.
You will develop strong vocational and personal competencies, such as working to deadlines, time management and project planning, independent study and professional communication, in order to prepare for roles within Media or for further study at University level and beyond.
• Develop your skills in essential software such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
• Work on projects involving video production, photography, sound design, animation, script writing, digital marketing and interactive design
• Learn to use equipment such as DSLRs, steady-cams and professional lighting
• Work on real-life briefs for real-world clients (previous projects have included working with Brighton Fringe and video production company Big Egg)
• Build a portfolio of work and learn how to market yourself professionally online
• Explore different careers in the media industry
• Create content in collaboration with Music and Events students
• Achieve a L2 Extended Certificate in Media (1st year) and a L2 Diploma in Media Production (2nd Year)
• Gain a firm foundation in software such as Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Develop your voice as a media practitioner
• Build an understanding of various roles within the media industry
• Progress to our Media Production course at Level 3