Painting and Decorating | NOCN Diploma Level 2
Construction, Planning and the Built Environment
Sorry, we aren't accepting applications at the moment.
What will you be working towards?
||NOCN LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA IN PAINTING & DECORATING (CONSTRUCTION)
||GCSE or Equivalent
Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
Knowledge of construction technology
Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
Prepare surfaces for decoration
Apply paint systems by brush and roller
Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
Produce specialist decorative finishes
Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
- Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
To start at Level 2 you must have a Level 1 Painting and Decorating qualification or Level 1/Foundation in Construction.
If you do not have these grades, you can start on our Construction Foundation course and then progress to this level. Contact us if you are unsure which Level to apply for.
Your next steps...
Upon successful completion of this Level 2 course you will be able to progress on to a wide range of courses at Brighton MET, including:
Level 3 Cskills Awards Diploma in Painting and Decorating
Level 1 Cskills Awards Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
Future careers include:
Renovation (also called remodelling) - the process of improving a broken, damaged or outdated structure
Building maintenance operative in commercial buildings (small and large office buildings, large industrial properties, shopping centres and retail units) and residential buildings (houses, flats and high-rise apartments)