This course will prepare you for roles in engineering, design, production, testing and management in the exciting world of motorsport.
You will gain practical skills with a range of vehicle systems as well as theoretical knowledge, including scientific and mathematical principles and electronics. You will learn how to remove and replace vehicle components and gain an understanding of vehicle maths and science.
The course includes attending professional race meetings and in addition to investigating current technologies, you will become familiar with the industry structure and motorsport event regulations.
Our Shoreham Airport Campus offers a truly unique learning experience; Motorsport, Aero and Motor Vehicle students work in hangars, workshops and high-tech classrooms equipped with the very latest tools, machinery and software.
This course includes the following modules:
- Mechanical, lubrication and cooling systems
- Fuel, ignition, air and exhaust systems
- Remove/replace chassis components
- Remove/replace electrical components
- Remove/replace transmissions and driveline units
- Vehicle maths and science
- Motorsport event regulations
- Inspecting a vehicle during competition
To start on this Level 2 course you need GCSE maths and science at grade 4 (C) or above and English at grade 3 or above.