Based within the exciting and vibrant Creative Industries department, our art & design courses provide you with the opportunity to build your skills in a wide variety of subjects including drawing, photography, painting, printmaking, 3D, textiles, fashion, graphics, illustration and digital skills.
- Opportunities to gain valuable work experience with external clients
- Highly experienced teaching team
- Strong track record of progression to prestigious universities
- Fantastic facilities and your own studio space
About this course
You will build on your previous knowledge and skills in art and design, including history, research and portfolio development. Industry based projects and work experience are a key feature of the art & design course, enabling you to to develop employability skills with the confidence to progress in the creative industries.
- Develop technical skills and processes such as drawing, painting, printmaking, digital skills, photography, textiles and fashion
- Explore a range of 2D and 3D design skills
- How to present your project work and portfolio to a professional standard
The course is divided into three stages of which you are required to pass each stage before progressing to the next.
The final stage, stage three, is graded at pass, merit or distinction. Project work for assessment will take the form of sketchbooks, design sheets, and planners including your reflections and final outcomes.
To start at this level you need at least three GCSEs at grade 3 (D/E) or above, including a creative subject, English and maths, and a portfolio of your creative work to be reviewed with the course leader.
Your portfolio of work must demonstrate your interest and enthusiasm for the subject area. You are required to bring sketch books, evidence of research and observational drawings, examples of developmental work as well as some final pieces. We are also interested in looking at work you have completed in your own time.
After this course
This Level 2 Course allows you to progress to the UAL Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design, Photography, Filmmaking or Games Design.
On successful completion of Level 3 you can consider university, employment or an apprenticeship.
- Fashion/textile designer
- Graphic designer or illustrator
- Product/interior/furniture/jewellery designer
- Teacher/museum curator
- Freelance artist/craftsperson