This vocational is part of the Level 2 Academic Study Programme at The View @ East Street. This study programme is designed for learners who would like to boost their GCSEs and other vocational qualifications in order to secure a place on a Level 3 course in a sixth form or college in the future. This programme is ideal for 16-year olds who want to continue with more traditional level 3 studies (A levels and Vocational studies) and need to enhance their current qualifications to achieve the right entry criteria for the institution and courses of their choice.
This is a FULL time Study Programme
You will study a combination of 3-5 GCSE and vocational courses - these will be tailored to meet your needs and aspirations, and which will enable you to progress onto further studies next year. These qualifications which are all equivalent to ONE GCSE.
The BTEC Public Services course can help you take your first steps towards a career supporting the public. You will learn the essential skills for a wide range of careers; from the armed services and police force, to roles at local authorities and central government. It will give you the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of the Public Services sector, as well as developing relevant skills for positions in the civil service, health service, armed services and the emergency services, for example.
You will study a range of units such as:
• The Role and Work of the Public Services
• Working Skills in the Public Services Sector
• Citizenship, Society and the Public Services
• Crime and its Effects on Society and Individuals
• Employment in the Public Services
• Health, Fitness and Lifestyle for the Public Services
• Promotion of Public Services Provision
• Sport and Recreation in the Public Services
• Volunteering for the Public Services
• Health and Safety in the Public Services Workplace
• Employability Skills in the Public Services