Fitness Instructing Certificate Level 2
Leisure, Travel and Tourism
What will you be working towards?
||Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
This qualification is designed to provide the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor in the sport and physical activity sector. This qualification is a prerequisite for Level 3 Personal Training qualifications which is also available to study as a follow on course.
It is ideal for those whom are:
- Seeking employment in the sector seeking access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)
- Seeking recognition for previous experience seeking to develop skills and knowledge in the sector.
- Aged 18+
How will it be delivered?
There will be continual assessment throughout the course through a combination of portfolio work and practical assessments.
Your next steps...
The course will enable you to register on to the REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals) at Level 2 and gain entry to employment within the fitness industry.
Upon completion options for further study include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 2 Awards for Instructing Core Group Exercise (Cycling, Kettlebell Training, Circuit Training, Suspension Training)
- Level 3 Sport and Physical Activity suite
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Diploma in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
- Level 3 Diploma in Sport
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy Apprenticeship in Personal Training.
As well as employment opportunities within the leisure industry that include; Lifeguard, Membership/Sales Consultant, Leisure Industry, Sales Assistant,
Sports Coach, Nutritionist, Gym Manager/Owner.
Some of these employment opportunities may require additional study.